This CD, produced by Farming & Countryside Education (FACE) in partnership with Waitrose and DairyCrest, introduces primary aged children to what goes on at the dairy farm where milk is produced and the land is cared for.
The CD provides an excellent accompaniment to a visit to a dairy farm, helping children to get the most out of this experience.
A visit to a dairy farm can be an unforgettable experience for a child, a chance to discover where milk comes from and to begin to understand the work of farmers.
This resource contains activities for Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils to prepare for a visit to a farm or to complete after such an experience. Alternatively, it can be used as a stand alone resource for one-off lessons on farming.
The activities encourage the pupils to:
• Increase their knowledge and understanding of dairy farming and animal welfare
• Develop an understanding of where milk comes from
• Learn about environmental stewardship and biodiversity
• Ask questions and seek informed answers
• Enjoy carrying out a range of cross-curricular activities
• Work both collaboratively and independently
The CD also contains an introductory presentation for the pupils and copy masters of all activity sheets.
For Farms to Visit see www.countrysideclassroom.org.uk
ORDER YOUR FREE COPY TODAY.