If you are under 18 and love baking bread, this is your chance to show off your baking prowess and win a fabulous set of prizes.
The KitchenAid Young Baker category is open to all under 18’s across Britain and the summer holidays are the perfect time to practise your sourdough or your scones. The KitchenAid Young Baker categories are specifically for child bakers under 12 years and 12-17 years.
And whether baguette or bun, focaccio or flatbread, your winning loaf will bring you a KitchenAid Artisan 4.8L Tilt Head Stand Mixer (RRP £450).
With a fantastic line-up of judges, from Frances Quinn, winner of Great British Bake Off 2013 to Master Chef’s Charles Campion and award-winning baker and author Emmanuel Hadjiandreou, what a chance to parade your best baking. Entries close on 31 August 2014.
The KitchenAid Young Baker under 12 years and 12-17 years are categories of the Tiptree World Bread Awards 2014 www.worldbreadawards.com The competition seek to encourage the very best bread-baking skills in both professional and home-baker alike, old and young.
- The original KitchenAid Artisan 4.8L Stand Mixer was designed in 1937 by one of the great American style gurus, Egmont Arens, and it remains timeless in its simplicity and function. The Stand Mixer continues to use the same ‘planetary action’, which sees the beater rotate in one direction while it whisks and turns in the other – the ideal motion for creating perfect dough. www.kitchenaid.co.uk
- Associated charity is Farming and Countryside Education (FACE), the leading charity providing food, farming and countryside education to children, through practical, interesting and enjoyable activities in the classroom and on farms www.face-online.org.uk
- Tiptree is headline sponsor of the World Bread Awards. The first Tiptree preserves were made in 1885 and Tiptree jams and preserves are now sold across the world, many of them made with fruit still grown on their farms in Essex www.tiptree.com
The judging panel:
Our judges to date are a fabulous slice of bakers and foodie experts, including
Nigel Barden, BBC Radio 2, Food and Drink Broadcaster, Karen Barnes, Editor, Delicious, Charles Campion, Food Critic, Masterchef, Aidan Chapman, Master Baker, Phoenix Bakery and River Cottage, Alan Clarke, Chief Executive, Scottish Bakers, Linda Collister, Author, Baking Bible, From Ciabatta to Rye, Leanne Cooper, Editor, Making Cakes & Bakes, Sally Cox, regular contributor BBC Good Food, J P Devlin, Saturday Live, BBC Radio 4, Duncan Glendinning, founder, The Thoughtful Bread Company, Rachel Green, Chef and Campaigner, Jean Grieves, Retired Principle, Tameside Bakery College, Emmanuel Hadjiandreou, School of Artisan Food and author of How to Bake Bread, Stephen Hallam, Master Baker, MD Dickinson & Morris, Fiona Hamilton-Fairley, Founder and Principal, The Kids Cookery School, Linda Hewett, Home Baker, Tutor and Broadcaster, Fulbeck Bakery, Charlotte Jones, UK Glam Food and Lifestyle Editor, Laura James, Brand Ambassador, AGA , Vanessa Kimbell, Specialist in sourdough, Juniper & Rose Kitchen Garden School, Hannah Marriage, Marriage’s, the Master Millers, Frances Quinn, Great British Bake-Off Winner 2013, Jack Prince, The Pocket Bakery, David Roberts, Federation of Bakers, Chairman Bread Advisory Panel, Flour Milling and Baking Research Association, Chairman British Baking Society, Melissa Scamporlino, Owner, Hercule’s Cakehouse, Peter Sidwell, TV Chef, Development Chef and Retail Brand Owner, David Tomlinson, Former Technical Executive of Warburton’s of Bolton, Phil Vickery, TV Chef, Alexander Waugh, Director General, Nabim (National Association of British & Irish Millers), Hugh Weeks, Technical Consultant to the Bakery Industry and Andrew Whitley, founder of The Village Bakery, Real Bread Campaign
- Partners of Tiptree World Bread Awards are:
- Tiptree World Bread Awards closes for entries on 31 August 2014
- Judging to take place at the Cathedral Hall, Westminster Cathedral on Wednesday 17 September 2014
- Winners to be announced at the Awards Evening Harvest Supper on Tuesday 7 October 2014 at St John’s Hyde Park
- The Food Awards Company Ltd, a sister company of Kenyon Communications, award-winning specialists in both food PR and in delivering national awards, is owner of Tiptree World Bread Awards 2014
For further information: Sue Richmond, Kenyon Communications Tel: 01673 828764 Mobile: 07708 690707 Email: