With thanks to LOtC Quality Badge holders Kingswood Dearne Valley, CLOtC would like to announce the date of the 2012 annual conference ‘Raising attainment through LOtC’ as the 15th November.
There is considerable evidence that learning outside the classroom raises attainment, reduces truancy and improves discipline, benefitting young people’s learning and personal development, and contributing significantly to school improvement. The conference will focus on how teachers and education practitioners can maximise these benefits in their own setting.
Under the theme of ‘Raising Attainment’, the conference will provide a forum for delegates to:
- Listen to case studies and examples of the impact of LOtC on attainment
- Network with their professional peers and share best practice
- Review research which supports the benefits of LOtC in raising attainment
- Take part in informative and practical workshops
- Browse a marketplace of exhibitors offering support, activities and advice for schools and educational practitioners wishing to carry out more LOtC.
The new Kingswood facility, on the site of an old colliery and former ‘Earth Centre’ near Doncaster, will be the main the venue for the conference. CLOtC is grateful to Kingswood for supporting the conference and is looking forward to an interesting and inspiring day followed by a drinks and dinner reception to announce the winners of the annual LOtC Awards for Outstanding Contribution to LOtC.
Make the most of the Early Bird discount available until the end of June. Book your place today.
The first 50 CLOtC members to book their place on the conference will be entered into a prize draw to win John Trant’s new book ‘The Essential Guide to Successful School Trips’ courtesy of Pearson Education.